Wednesday, December 28, 2011

merry last week of december

i know, we disappear from the internets when we're "in america." so it goes.

some info:

living with the parentals in arkansas, at this point probably until baby arrives, because moving again sounds super not fun right now. and we like it here. and we're still unemployed. cha-ching!

we're both freshly over what was the most violent flu of my entire life (granted, i haven't experienced too many flus, but holy cow)--christmas eve eve for nick, christmas for me. i lost 8 pounds in 6 hours (nick didn't think to monitor the slimming effects of his own detox). this would be more exciting if i weren't 7 months pregnant and already a bit more likely than most to plunge into preterm labor; those were some fun contractions, i tell you. but because somebody's watching out for us over and over and because nick is an angel sent straight from heaven, we're all good now, including #3, who remains a vivaciously-legged wee lad to prove it.

as of friday, we finally found an OB that we're kind of in love with, as of the first appointment, anyway. it's been messy since coming back, with OB #1 being less than caring and a stupid stint in the hospital, and i realized things just weren't going to work as they were. so i switched offices, and even though i feel super high-maintenance now for driving 30 minutes away, i'm also actually excited to give birth again. worth it.

and happy 3 years of marriage, nickypoo. i know most people wouldn't look at this one as our most banner year to date, but i still think we're neat. and i'm as pumped as ever for year four, because we're going to rock it. i stinkin' LOVE being married to you.

and voila! remember how we're gonna have a baby in 2 months? yep. that's pretty much all i care about anymore. each hour finds either one of us alternately terrified and ecstatic. this indicates sanity, right?

that and being totally qualified to parent a human bean. naturally. time for a snack?

2 comments:

mackenzie said...

AH i forgot to email/comment/facebook (i would include call/text but I NO HAVE YOU NUMBAH) for our anniversary. email me.

mackenzieparks@gmail.com

Ashley Lund said...

Heeeey girl, I'm still waiting on that CD you need to make of you singing! I still think of you when I hear good ol' Regina and also Priscilla Ahn.

Our kids most definitely be friends. Whether its lovers or friends it's gotta happen someday! and YES I have grown since that picture! That was taken a couple sundays ago and I feel like I've ballooned since then. especially today. I ate a huge dinner last night and so today I feel like it stayed with me! I am so excited for you guys, and I'm jealous you're having a boy! I'll admit I want a boy but I feel guilty saying that...cause what if its a girl?? I can't wait to see what you name him!!