Friday, October 28, 2011

yay!, in which i discuss my cervix*

you were warned.

good news from the doctor: i'm not dilated! whoo! it's short, but not enough to cause a panic this week or anything. so my official bed rest is lifted--i'm just supposed to lie down whenever i get contractions. haha. that puts me at just every 10 minutes during the quiet parts of the day, so no biggie ; )

i couldn't have asked for a better appointment; my doctor was visibly concerned throughout, which, paradoxically, put me at much greater ease, seeing she was taking me seriously. she says that if i'm a good girl and restrict my activity appropriately--boo, as if i'm not lazy enough without medical sanction/mandate--and if my body continues to resist the advances of my too-eager uterus, it looks like i can make it to 34 weeks without issue, and we'll work from there.

so now i feel like a pathetic loser, but at least i know i'm most likely a pathetic loser who will make it full-term, and that's all i care about. it sounds like she's hopeful that i'll just feel like i'm in early labor for the next 4 months; and then i'll probably be in such good labor shape when the true stuff starts that it won't even hurt to push him out. i'm pretty sure that's what was said, guys...

thanks for the prayers. they were put to good use. and now i'mma get my lazy/excellent-mother self back to my throne of a bed that, as of this morning, is no longer on the floor; พ่อ made us a bed frame. apparently my lying on a pallet on the floor all day was unappealing to the general populace housed next door. they are sweets. so now i have a headboard sporting merry hummingbirds. be jealous.

adieu. and thank you!



*this will not become habit, never fear.

5 comments:

Estela B. Stolar said...

hey, i need to start commenting on this! Ok here we go. Good luck…
Menina! Mas que susto! The whole family (include joe, who loves everything you wrote - but the lyrics, it wasn’t appropriate for him to hear the ONLY tape i have) was checking it here. I guess I was so scared, that I may have made it more than it was. I even start to look up for tickets so dad could take care of you!
The thing is, now I told brazilian mom what it was, she said its normal, and everything will be all right (than added im overly dramatic, but, hey! Ive never had a baby!) (second note, she had something like it when she was expecting me) I guess she is right, cuz I am here as joyful and splendid as I am, so have fun resting… She said she learned how to embroider then, and did lots and lots of puzzles, LOTS… I suggest organizing your computer, like, pictures and music… those things you never have time to do.
I don’t think I ever told you guys how happy im! Eu vou ser tia! And every time i think about, (like, now, at work, alone in between beautiful jewelry) i start to cry! I need to send you guys a box, I cant help myself, I bought a bunch of cute things for the little one. Oh, I love him so much already!
Im planning on getting on skype latter today, I need to call mom for her birthday. So, how about a nice little chat?
Eu estou com muita saudade, but im working hard to see you all next year.
Muitos beijos, and all my love to the 3 of you

Estela B. Stolar said...

I guess I need to say one more thing, you made me pray more than ever in my life. It was the jewish new year couple weeks ago, and all I could say was thank You, thank You so much! And then came the Friday post, and more prayers, from every one, and they were very special cuz it was Sabbath, and we all had deeper and more truthful thoughts, I think our hart goes to a better spiritual mode on the weekends.
We are constantly tinking of you, you are very loved in here (you too Nick, but only because I say good things about you, so came show the brasilin people how cool you are).
Meis beijos

elyssa said...

i love you too much, teca

Heaths said...

oh this is good news! i mean, not the early labor for 4 months, but that nothing progressive is happening. of course you know that many prayers will continue to be said on your behalf. you guys have quite a fan club. ;)

i wish we were there because i'm home all day too (obviously) and then we could hang out! which would provide a bit of social interaction for us both, which i'm sure our husbands think we need. (i've recently rediscovered what it's like to read Really Excellent Books and so all desire for friend-making and sociality has been stamped out of me.) *sigh*

oh vell. zat is zat.

oh and where are the pictures? i suggest that every post should be accompanied by a picture of you in all your ever-ripening glory. (i hate when people say that. I'M NOT A MANGO.)

anyway...

loves.

Maya said...

yay! i'm glad things are more or less ok for now. wishing you few contractions and a pain-free delivery when it comes (which will be at at least 37 weeks) :-)